Right now, you have questions and concerns about your marriage — your children — your future
May I help?
At this moment, you probably have a thousand things running through your mind. You may be concerned about your children — your home — your bank accounts — your future — even whether your marriage is really over.
When you separate, you should at least speak with a lawyer so you can protect yourself, know your rights, and determine whether you need legal help.
With your permission, I’d like to help you reduce your stress and gain a clear picture of your current situation. I suggest that you talke with me – either by telephone or at my office.
During this meeting, I promise I will…
1. Answer your questions. No doubt, you want accurate information about where you stand today. I will gladly answer your questions about anything that has happened — about any actions your spouse has taken — and about what you should do now to protect your rights.
2. Outline Ontario’s divorce procedure. In our court system, divorces follow a standard sequence. This sequence may change based on individual circumstances, but, in general, it’s much the same for all divorcing couples.
3. Determine whether you need a lawyer. Not everyone needs to hire a lawyer. On the other hand, many divorcing spouses don’t get a lawyer soon enough to protect their rights. I offer this meeting as an educational service to help you understand your situation and answer your questions. You are under no obligation to hire me.
4. Explain your options and recommend steps you should take. You need to know your options so you can choose the ones likely to bring you the results you want. Also, you need to know the important steps you should take today to protect yourself, your children and your assets. If you delay and don’t take action, you could face all sorts of unexpected and costly problems.
5. Help you focus clearly and calmly on the future. When you get answers to your questions, and understand the steps in the divorce process, you’ll have a clear picture of what you need to do today — and in the days and weeks ahead. This will help you reduce your stress and better cope with your current situation.
The fee for the consultation is $300 + HST payable in advance. A consultation normally lasts 1 to 2 hours. And as an added bonus, if you have any follow up questions after the consultation is over, I am happy to answer them for you without charge.
To get started, call me at 613-519-0320, or email me on the form below, or pay for your consultation online with any major credit card: here.
You're Invited to Contact Us!
If you are considering divorce -- or have already made your decision -- you're invited to email me on my contact form. I'll explain how you can protect your legal rights, reduce the expense of divorce, and protect your children from undue emotional stress.